DESCRIPTION DE LA NOUVELLE EGLISE DE L'HOSTEL ROYAL DES INVALIDES. Avec un plan général de l'ancienne & de la nouvelle église. A Paris: [no publisher’s name on title but printer's name on P4v: De l'imprimerie d'Antoine Chrétien]
1702. 12mo, pp. [iv] including first blank, 168, ; with engraved plan signed L. Loisel pasted to the margin of the final leaf as a throwout; plate shaved at top and bottom; some light marginal browning and soiling; The very rare first edition of Félibien’s description of the new church for the Invalides by Jules Hardouin Mansart, replacing Bruant’s original church. Félibien’s illustrated folio Description de l'eglise royale des invalides was published when the church was consecrated in 1706. At the same time this 12mo was re-issued with a second part ‘Contenant les peinture, & divers autres ornements’ and the engravings from the folio. Berlin 2486 and 2487 citing the 1706 editions only; OCLC records only copies at the Conservatoire National des arts et métiers and the BN (bound with the second part, 1706). The 1706 re-issue is found at the BN, CNAM, Göttingen, V&A, Getty, Duke, Princeton and Columbia.
Condition: in contemporary sprinkled calf, spine in compartments with raised bands, tolled in gilt with red morocco label, with marbled endpapers and red and brown sprinkled edges, head and tail of spine chipped and worn exposing headbands, joints rubbed with small nick to lower joint near tail, covers a little scuffed, corners worn; with the engraved armorial bookplate of the ‘Bibliotheca Reuterholmiana’ (Nils Esbjörnson Reuterholm 1676-1756) on front pastedown, and later 20th century bookplate of Evert Strokirk on front free endpaper.