Deborah Coltham Rare Books Ltd. UK Reg. no. 1151824
Registered trading address is PO Box 523, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 9PB. I can be contacted via phone or email: 0044 1732 887252; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Coltham Rare Books Ltd are members in good standing of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association (ABA) of Great Britain, the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB), and the Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association (PBFA), and are bound by their Codes of Practice and ethics in all dealings with books, customers and related transactions. This guarantees:
- the authenticity of all material offered for sale
- the expert and accurate bibliographical description of all such material
- the disclosure of all significant defects or restorations
- the professional and informed pricing of all material, and
- fair, informed and honest offers to purchase.
- We pride ourselves in undertaking detailed research on all items, and are committed to the preservation and study of historical materials
All books are carefully collated, and I endeavour to describe the condition of all books as accurately as possible. Where no faults are mentioned, it may therefore be assumed that the book is complete as published. Dimensions are given height by width of the book-block for books, and platemark, or, if this is not possible, by the printed image, for maps and prints. Where indicated, original or contemporary colouring will be described.
The images of the items on our site and in our publications are for illustrative purposes only. Items may vary slightly from images of them provided by us. Although we have made reasonable efforts to display the colours accurately, We cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Items.
- All prices are nett and do not include postage and packing. Prices and availability are subject to change.
- All goods remain the property of the seller, and full legal title to the items shall not pass to you until payment has been received in full. Books are sent on approval and may be returned within 14 days, by prior arrangement and with written confirmation, if found unsatisfactory. Any item must be insured for the invoice value and returned promptly, safely and without damage, within one month of the sale, in the exact state they were delivered, at the customers own expense, unless the item was not as described when received by the customer, whereupon Deborah Coltham Rare Books will pay the return postage. Upon receipt of the returned book, arrangements will be made for immediate refund of full purchase cost. We reserve the right to make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. Cancellation forms available here
- All shipped items are expertly packed. UK deliveries will normally be sent by ‘Next Day Delivery’ service, unless otherwise asked. Overseas orders are dispatched by airmail and insured, but may be sent by any method on request. Postage or shipping will be at the customer’s expense. Orders for international delivery may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches its destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount. The customer is responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- Invoices will be rendered in Pounds sterling unless otherwise requested. Payment in advance is requested for new customers. Credit terms are settlement within 30 days of the date of invoice, unless specifically agreed otherwise at the time of sale. I can accept euro or dollar checks at an agreed rate of exchange. I can only accept credit card payments via WorldPay Virtual Terminal or Stripe. Bank details will be provided for wire or bank transfers after ordering, though please instruct your bank that all charges for the transfer (including those of my bank) are to be charged to your account and not deducted from the transfer.
- All items are offered subject to prior sale. Due to time constraints, and like many of my colleagues, books sold from an internet site are sometimes not immediately removed after the date of sale. I will do all that I can to keep my listings as up-to-date as possible, but cannot absolutely guarantee that every book advertised is actually still available for sale.
- Libraries and Institutions may arrange deferred billing on request.
- Until such time as the title in the items passes to you, subject to agreed payment terms, we shall be entitled to rescind the contract, repossess the items and claim damages for any loss we have suffered; or suspend any further deliveries to you. Where we decide not to exercise our right above to appropriate any payment made by you to the items, we may deem fit to charge you interest on the amount unpaid, at the rate of 5% per annum above HSBC Banks base rate from the date when your payment was due, until payment is made in full (a part of the month being treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest).
- Whilst in your possession and before we have received payment of the full purchase price, in cash or cleared funds, you must keep possession of the items, not sell the items, or hand the items over to any other person or dispose of any interest in the items. Any identifying marks showing that we own the items must be retained; items must be stored on your premises, insured for no less than the purchase price and at no cost to us, separately from other property. Items should be preserved in the same state as on delivery, and you agreed not to carry out any work to the items, or carry out any works of restoration or repair.
- We shall also have the right to repossess the items and cancel the sale if before you make full payment of the purchase price to us, proceedings occur in the UK or elsewhere involving your solvency (including but not limited to the presentation of a bankruptcy petition or winding-up petition; or the convening of a meeting to wind you up voluntarily; or an application for an interim order for a voluntary arrangement, or for the appointment of an administrator; or the appointment of an administrative or other receiver).
- Where we notify you of the exercise of our right to repossession, you will within seven days of such notice, return the items to our premises at your cost and risk or tell us where the items are kept and allow us access to the premises where the items are (separately) kept and take the items away at your cost (it being understood that where the items consists of more than one item, our rights of repossession extend to all such items).
Methods of payment
Payment may be made by:
1.Credit card: We accept all major credit cards. Credit Card payments are processed in sterling via a virtual terminal.
2. Cheque: Please make it payable to Deborah Coltham Rare Books Ltd
3. Bank Transfer: Details will be sent upon request and are also found on all invoices.
Sales Tax (VAT/TVA) and other tax information
There is no additional sales tax to be paid. Printed books are zero-rated for VAT. Our prices for prints include VAT, which is refundable for sales outside the EC. Unbound items (manuscripts, ephemera etc) are subject to 20% VAT within the UK or EC. Our VAT registration number is GB885 3578 69: EORI GB885357869000
Orders for international delivery may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches its destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
The customer is responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
For manuscript and very high-value individual items current UK & EU Export licensing regulations apply.